Thursday 17 November 2011

Retinol Eye TR - Under-eye Night Serum by Medik8

I know this is going to sound crazy, me a business owner writing about another product I don't sell, but, here I am about to rave about Medik8's fabulous Retinol Eye Serum.

Skin Needling is about to commence in my clinic and I have chosen the Medik8 dermal rollers.  When Karen the SkinCeutical rep, dropped in to see me last week, she dropped off a sample of this product to trial, stating it was amazing.   Hmmmmm, I'll be the judge of that!

I am not a hoarder of products.  I only use results driven products with active ingredients on my skin.  Some of my products I have been using for years and rarely do I find a stand-out product on the market.  Don't get me wrong, I try plenty of products and get asked to trial a lot of different ones, but quite frankly, they don't make significant changes to my skin, so why change a proven formula? So last week when I decided to take the plunge and dabbed a few drops of the retinol serum under each eye before bed, I was delighted with the results the next morning.  My dark circles had been minimised and there was a definite reduction in puffiness.  I have now used it for a week and I have received comments at the clinic asking if I have had botox around my eyes.

What makes this little product so wonderful?  It has time-release technology, so it works slowly on the area overnight.  It contains the wonder product All-trans retinol 0.1%.  Retinol encourages collagen production and cellular rejuvenation. There was no irritation around the eye area which can be a problem with retinol.  It is fragrance free, paraban free and no testing on animals.

This product does what it says.  It retails for $87.40 and consumers are told they can get up to 100 uses out of the bottle.  I will certainly consider bringing this product into my clinic in the future, and will continue to use it long term, in conjuntion with my current eye cream.

The best news is that SkinCeutical have given me 5 trial bottles to give away to the bloggers who comment and retweet about this blog.  So get writing people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment